A federal jury has handed down the latest multimillion-dollar verdict against the Los Angeles Police Department, finding officers were “malicious” and excessive when they shot a mentally ill woman and used a Taser on her.
The $3.2-million award delivered Friday in U.S. District Court adds to a long string of verdicts and settlements in police-related cases that have cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars over the last decade. It comes as LAPD officials struggle to find ways to slow the stream of lawsuits filed against officers each year.
- squickeyes reblogged this from an-injury-to-all
- an-injury-to-all reblogged this from youseewhy
- ex-ist likes this
- mademoisellealiyah reblogged this from youseewhy
- fromstarstostarfish reblogged this from aboriginalpressnews
- aboriginalpressnews reblogged this from youseewhy
- wak3thefuckup reblogged this from youseewhy
- youseewhy posted this